Sunday, January 6, 2013

Bounty for Hunter

Author: AJ Williams
Published: 2012
 
Synopsis from Goodreads:
Keylee isn’t your typical bounty hunter. She’s young, petite, and has a Doberman pinscher as her personal bodyguard. Just as Keylee returns to town from a month long assignment, she’s asked to protect a man named Hunter, who has jumped bond and is on the run from other bounty hunters and the police. The mere fact that she knows who Hunter is and why the police are after him, places her life at risk. Now, Keylee has a limited time to save Hunter and herself.
 
My Thoughts:
In Bounty for Hunter, we first meet Keylee. She is a kickass bounty hunter that has just completed a month long job and wants nothing more than to be with her boy, a Doberman pincher named Zeus. Instead, she meets Tess, a young law student that is desperate to help her brother while they find evidence that’ll clear his name. Hunter, the wrongly accused architect and Tess’ brother, jumped his bail because he knows he won’t get a fair trial. Still with me? We also meet Keylee’s two brothers, Thomas and Jefferson, and their boss, Alek. After their window is shot out and a creepy cop comes lurking around, they four of them believe Tess and Keylee is on her way to bring home Hunter.

As a strong, kickass female character, I loved Keylee. She had to overcome a horrible event that happened to her and fought to become the strong woman she was in the story. Yes, I cheered for her when she tackled Detective Dic … er, Dixon towards the end of the book. As for Hunter…yes, please. I felt bad for him and Jason. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Both lead characters were easy to fall in love with and to cheer them on. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same for some of the secondary characters. I loved Alek, but I felt that Thomas, Jefferson, and Tess did not have enough character development. Especially Tess. For a young woman whose only brother is in deep shit, she was remarkably calm.

As far as the story goes, I really enjoyed it. I liked that it had a unique plot with a bounty hunter going against what she does and protects Hunter. I loved the chemistry between Hunter and Keylee. The sex scene between the two of them…WOW! That was another thing I enjoyed about the book – the way the scenes were written. Rather than one chapter being from Keylee’s POV and the next in Hunter’s, the author broke it down quicker and we immediately read his reaction after she says something. I liked that. I guess it comes down to this… I really wished the book was longer. Although it was action packed, I felt no connection with three of the characters. I do hope there is a sequel at some point for Alek. I would love to see his story continue.

If you have a free afternoon and want to read a quick romantic/suspense book, I highly recommend Bounty for Hunter. I really enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment