Friday, May 3, 2013

Let's Pretend by Monique DeVere

Let's Pretend
Author: Monique DeVere
Published: 2013
Format: eBook only
Source: Amazon

True love needs no pretence.

When A&E trauma surgeon, Dr. Isobel Murphy, married sexy Irish firefighter, Lucas Delaney, she knew it was going to be forever. Unfortunately, she didn’t realise forever would only last five short years.

Keeping her failed marriage from her family seems like a piece of cake, until her grandmother calls a family gathering and Belle suspects she’s about to announce a critical illness. Making excuses for Luc’s absence, she flies home to Connecticut. Then delicious Lucas arrives for the three-day get-together and Belle knows things are going to get dicey. Especially since he still has the power to make her heart miss a beat, and her stomach bottom out.

When Belle asks him to pretend they’re still deeply in love, Luc doesn’t have a problem. He sees an opportunity to reclaim the love of his life. And he goes all out to remind Belle how it used to be between them, before long work hours and clashing schedules invaded their marriage. What he needs to know though, is, once the pretence is over, will Belle be applying for her decree absolute? Or will they be renewing wedding vows?

My Thoughts
I really have to do a better job of keeping track of books I've read. Thought I've never read a book by this author before when I picked it up on Amazon. Sad thing is? I am on Goodreads . . .

Oh my goodness! All I am going to say is that I picked this one up on April 27th and finished it on April 27th. Its a good thing Amazon doesn't tell you the time of purchase because I'm pretty sure I bought this one at like 9 o'clock pm. Fully intended to just check it out when I opened it on my Kindle . . . Yeah, I finished it two hours later. L-O-V-E-D IT!

Confession? I also adore second chance romance. This was such a cute book. Freaking adorable characters. Hot and steamy scenes between Belle and Luc. I don't know what else I can say. Belle . . . Poor Belle broke my heart. I understood why she was afraid to be with Luc. Its one of those situations where you just can't put yourself out there knowing that there is a chance you'll lose your love. Luc knows he doesn't want the divorce, but he also knows he can't force her to stay in the marriage. All he wants is the truth and he gets it. The little glances they share and the chemisty between them, you know there is more to their story. Luc trying to break his bed so Belle will share her's with him was priceless. Not to mention, Belle has one sneaky grandmother. :o)

It is a super quick book that is perfect for a hot, summer day.

**********
 
So, I thought this was the first book of Monique DeVere's that I've read. Boy, was I wrong. If you would like me to review her other book - More Than Friends - leave a comment. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment