Thursday, July 24, 2014

Review of A WICKED GAME (An Elite Classified Novel #2) by Evie Knight

"Shh...you look prettier when you're quiet." - Jack

A Wicked Game
An Elite Classified Novel #2
Author: Evie Knight
Publisher: In Love with Romance Publishing
Published: April 12, 2014
Source: author/publisher for review

Purchase Link: Amazon
Add to Goodreads 

Tori is a career woman at the top of her game. She has everything she ever wanted except a happily ever after. She is ready and determined to find it. When her friend Ariana offers her an invitation to an exclusive online dating service, she decides—against her better judgment—to use it.

A blast from her past is not what she expects.

When Jack realizes he’s been set up with the one woman he’s failed to forget, he has two choices: leave or stay. Life doesn’t give second chances this easy, and it isn’t above him to let go of an opportunity such as this. After all, there cannot be a sweeter revenge.




Confession time - I'm a greedy reader. My inner greed-monster is more prominent with novellas. If I love the novella, I'll never want it to end and I'll usually sulk around for a little while because it did end. Why is this relevant with A Wicked Game? Well, it is a novella and my greed-monster came out full force. I loved this little beauty and I did not want it to end. More! I wanted more of Jack and Tori!

"Revenge is a dish best served cold..." Yeah, that is something neither Jack nor Tori believe. Nope, for them it is best served naked. It all started one night in college when Tori left Jack hanging... Naked... Tied to a bed... For all to see... Jack wanted revenge and finally found his opportunity when fate (and an exclusive dating service) intervened. What follows is a sizzling romance with revenge, temptation, and a lot of sex toys... 

I loved A Wicked Game. As a big fan of the enemies-to-lovers trope, this novella was right up my alley. The chemistry between Jack and Tori was off the charts amazing. I loved both of them as characters. I loved their snarky conversations that served as prolonged foreplay. Tori's sex toy revenge was hysterical. I loved the way Jack pursued Tori until she gave up her notion of their relationship being a one-time event. A Wicked Game is wickedly perfect as a novella. I loved the idea behind the book - an exclusive online dating service that just happens to match up people with someone they have a super charged sexual chemistry with... Someone from their past... Just how do they do this? And why does Ariana keep giving away her invitations? I hope we learn the answers to both these questions before the series is over. 

As my first Evie Knight book, it served as a fabulous introduction to her writing and I can't wait to pick up another one of her books.

...now I must read the first novella in this series.




Evie Knight writes wickedly sexy contemporary romances with irresistible bad boys, sassy heroines, a bit of conflict, humor and a dash of spice. When she’s not hard at work writing, she spends her time blogging, reading, listening to music, or looking for a muse.

She lives in sunny Southern California.

Evie loves hearing from her readers. Feel free to drop her a line at evie@evie-knight.com or you can stalk her on Twitter @inlovewromance.

Author Links







No comments:

Post a Comment