Thursday, May 21, 2015

Review of The Wedding Gift (Save the Date #3.5) by Cara Connelly

"Keep running away from me and I'm gonna think you don't like me." - Mick McKenna

The Wedding Gift
Series: Save The Date #3.5
Author: Cara Connelly
Publisher: Avon Impulse
Release Date: May 5, 2015

Buy Links: Amazon - B&N - iBooks - Kobo
Add to Goodreads
Add Series to Goodreads

What's the New-Jan-Plan? Discover the answer in Cara Connelly's newest Save The Date Novella, and see how mousey Jan Marone gives herself the gift of living, laughing, and finally loving … all under the hot Key West sun.

She'd come to Key West for a wedding, only to discover the hotel had messed up her reservation. So although Jan Marone has to share a tiny room with sexy Mick McKenna, it shouldn't really be a problem. Mick's her best friend, and he doesn't think of her "that way" … or does he?

Mick McKenna loves hard and plays hard. His thick black hair, chiseled jaw, and hard, muscled body make him irresistible. But when once-innocent Jan walks into his hotel room, Mick can't believe his eyes. Now she's wearing a sexy bikini and telling him it's time for her to "get lucky," making him protective and tantalized at the same time.

Worried she might be in over her head, he decides never to leave her side … and suddenly their hotel room seems smaller—and hotter—than ever. Mick's always been hands-off with Jan—but has the right woman been under his nose the whole time?


Have you ever wanted to kick yourself  for not continuing with a series? That's how I felt after finishing The Wedding Gift. I read the first novella in Cara Connelly's Save the Date series, The Wedding Date, in 2013. Loved it. I even have a pretty paperback copy of The Wedding Vow sitting on my bookcase. After finishing The Wedding Gift last week, I'm officially kicking myself for not keeping up with this little gem of a series. From the moment I started The Wedding Gift, I was immediately reminded how much I love Cara's writing. It was the perfect combination of sweet, sassy, and sexy. I loved Jan and Mick. As friends, they were the best. As friends-to-lovers, they were sheer perfection. Watching them dance around each other was hysterical. The hopeful glances when the other isn't looking... Swoon! Falling in love... Sigh... I loved this little novella. It packed quite the punch with both sweet and sexy moments. I will definitely be finishing this series in the near future. I may even re-read The Wedding Date so I can say I started from the beginning. Happy reading to me!!



CARA CONNELLY is an award-winning author of contemporary romances. Her smart and sexy stories have won high praise, earning Cara several awards including the Romance Writers of America’s Golden Heart, the Valley Forge Romance Writers’ Sheila, and the Music City Romance Writers’ Melody of Love. Cara, who lives in rural upstate New York, works as appellate court attorney when she’s not crafting steamy novels of love and romance.

Cara's Links




1 comment: