Monday, February 1, 2016

Review: Illicit Night with the Greek (One Night with Consequences #15) by Susanna Carr

"You were the one I wanted." - Jodie Little

Illicit Night with the Greek
Series: One Night with Consequences #15
Author: Susanna Carr
Publisher: Harlequin
Release Date: January 19, 2016
Source: author for review

Buy Links: Amazon - B&N
Add to Goodreads
Add Series to Goodreads

The Greek's unexpected parting gift…

Stergios Antoniou hasn't seen his exiled, troublemaking stepsister, Jodie Little, since the night they finally gave in to their forbidden attraction. Learning she's returned to Athens during a business deal too crucial to jeopardize, he holds her prisoner on his private island until it's over.

Jodie wants to rectify the past, but being so close to Stergios's potent sensuality, she's once again a slave to their destructive desire. One last illicit night should have put their affair behind them, but Jodie leaves the island with more than scorching-hot memories…


Confession time... I loved Harlequin romances back in the day. It was those small Harlequin Presents that turned me into a hardcore romance lover. It bridged my way from teen romance to the world of adult romance. It has been a long time since I've cracked open a Harlequin Presents and now that I've read two of Susanna's, I hope to read more this year. 

I loved Illicit Night with the Greek. It, to me, was a mixture of what initially drew me to Harlequin and what I love reading now. It had themes that can be common with Harlequins and a relatively new theme we have been coming across lately. I loved the accidental pregnancy (although I do think Jodie kind of jinxed herself) and the fierce sexual tension between the two main characters. I have not read a lot of step-siblings romance, but I have to say this... Angry "taboo" sex is hot. When Stergios and Jodie get within 50 feet of each other, the air is thick with lust and sexual energy. When it ignites, watch out! 

Illicit Night with the Greek was a fun and sexy book. I loved the characters. Both Jodie and Stergios broke my heart. They're wounded as individuals. Together, they make each other whole again. I loved the enemies-to-lovers vibe. It was one-sided, but watching Stergios crumble and act on his feelings for Jodie was so much fun. Susanna's writing was fantastic. She is starting to become a new go-to author and I'm excited to visit some of her previous books.


Readers throughout the world find Susanna Carr's contemporary romances a delightful escape that has often helped them through difficult times. Reviewers describe her award-winning stories as "fun", "sexy" and "a must read". She celebrates her 25th book release with Tycoon's Delicious Debt.

Susanna Carr lives in the Pacific Northwest with her family. When she isn’t writing, Susanna enjoys reading romance and connecting with readers online. Visit her website at susannacarr.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment