Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Review: Black Listed (Benediction #4) by Shelly Bell

"I love you, Annaliese. You don't need my forgiveness. You need your own." - Sawyer Hunt

Black Listed
Series: Benediction #4
Author: Shelly Bell
Publisher: Avon Red Impulse
Release Date: March 22, 2016
Source: Publisher for Review

Buy Links: Amazon - B&N - Google Play - iTunes - Kobo
Add to Goodreads
Add Series to Goodreads

She sacrificed everything to keep him safe…

Five years ago, con artist Lisa Smith broke the first rule of hustling when she fell in love with—and married—her mark, billionaire Sawyer Hayes. The erotic nights spent acting out her darkest fantasies with her husband and Master were the happiest of her life. But when her ruthless father demanded she kill him and take his money, she had no choice but to disappear without a trace…or lose him forever.

He’ll risk everything to have her again…

Now Sawyer has found her, and he has an indecent proposal: submit to him for seven nights and he’ll grant her the divorce she desires. Forced to pretend she no longer loves him, each night spent in his arms is exquisite torture as they reignite their intense passion through role play and ménage. But when a deranged killer out for revenge targets Lisa, she must finally trust Sawyer with the secrets of her past…or neither of them will live to see the future.

Warning: Scenes depicting BDSM, fisting, MMFMM, consensual non-consent, and references to abuse.


Oh, Shelly Bell... I can't even... As a genre, erotic romantic suspense is one that I need more of in my life. After Shelly initially sucked me into the genre with the first book in her Benediction series, it is her writing and sex-loving characters that keep me coming back for more. I can't get enough of those lovable kinks at Benediction. I did want to see more of the club in this book, but I digress. What I think Shelly excels at is the perfect combination of sizzling hot sex scenes with emotional and heart filled romance between two wounded characters. Yes, they do have raunchy sex, but they also have tender moments that are woven throughout the story. I loved every moment of Black Listed, It is a quick paced erotic romance with many elements of suspense, one that I devoured in less than a day. The characters are well developed with lots of dimension and depth. Like with many of Shelly's characters, readers first met Sawyer and Lisa in the previous Benediction book. While Lisa can be a difficult character to love, Shelly does a phenomenal job with her transformation into someone worthy of our love. I loved Sawyer from the moment he appeared in the last Benediction book and that continued into this one. Their attraction and devotion to each other jumps right off the page. I loved that although many years passed since Lisa left Sawyer, it takes no time at all for them to fall back into each other's arms and their D/s relationship. Black Listed, to me, was the raunchiest book of the Benediction bunch with fisting and multiple partners. The sex is amazing, but done in just the right amount to further the story. All in all, Black Listed was a fantastic addition to a series that I can't get enough of. I hope Shelly is able to continue on with Sawyer's friends because I want more. Until then, I definitely need to check out her non-Benediction books. 



A sucker for a happy ending, Shelly Bell writes sensual romance often with a bit of kink and action-filled erotic thrillers with high-emotional stakes for her alpha heroes and kick-ass heroines.

She began writing upon the insistence of her husband who dragged her to the store and bought her a laptop. When she’s not working her day job, taking care of her family, or writing, you’ll find her reading the latest smutty romance.

Shelly Bell writes the Benediction series for Avon Red Impulse and the forthcoming Forbidden Lovers series for Grand Central Forever.


1 comment: