Monday, June 13, 2016

Review: Stirring Attraction (Second Shot #2) by Sara Jane Stone

"I look at you and I remember every position, every way I made you come, how you felt against my mouth. Honey, I know it all by heart. I don't want to try some new kinky position. I want to revisit where we've been." - Dominic Fairmore

Stirring Attraction
Series: Second Shot #2
Author: Sara Jane Stone
Publisher: Avon Impulse
Release Date: June 7, 2016
Source: Publisher for Review

Buy Links: Amazon - B&N - Google Play - iTunes - Kobo
Add to Goodreads

The second, sizzling book in Sara Jane Stone's Second Shots series...

When Dominic Fairmore left Oregon to be all he could be as an Army Ranger, he always knew he’d come back to claim Lily Greene. But after six years away and three career-ending bullets, Dominic is battered, broken, and nobody's hero—so he stays away. Until he learns Lily has been the victim of a seemingly random attack. He’ll do anything to keep her safe . . . even go home.

Lily is starting to find a life without Dominic when suddenly her wounded warrior is home and playing bodyguard—though all she really wants is for him to take her. But she refuses to play the part of a damsel in distress, no matter how much she misses his tempting touch. He’ll leave as soon as she’s safe and Lily knows her heart will never heal.

But as attraction stirs to so much more, danger closes in. With more than Lily’s heart at stake, Dominic can no longer draw a line between protecting Lily and loving her . . .


Stirring Attraction, the second installment in Sara Jane Stone's Second Shot series, left me with some mixed feelings. While I was reading the book, I felt something different than when I finished. Hopefully I'm not coming into a reading slump, but if I am, that would actually explain a lot. To be honest, I had to push myself to continue reading. Stirring Attraction is a very somber romance between two incredibly wounded characters and I think that was something I wasn't in the mood for. However, once I finished and looked back at the story as a whole, I actually really enjoyed it. I loved the complexity of the characters. I loved how much the characters grew, not just Lily and Dominic. We also get to watch Caroline and Josh continue to grow closer. I loved the hint of suspense from Lily's attact. It was just enough to keep me intrigued and didn't take over the romance. It all came together perfectly and once I finished Stirring Attraction, I was able to reflect on the book and appreciate it more. I'm really looking forward to Josh and Caroline's book, which is coming up next. 


Want more info on the Second Shot series?
Visit the Goodreads link below!




After several years on the other side of the publishing industry, Sara Jane Stone bid goodbye to her sales career to pursue her dream-writing romance novels. Sara Jane currently resides in Brooklyn, New York with her very supportive real-life hero, two lively young children and a lazy Burmese cat. Join Sara Jane’s newsletter to receive new release information, news about contests, giveaways, and more! Visit www.sarajanestone.com and look for her newsletter entry form.


1 comment: