Friday, July 8, 2016

Review: Deceived (Dark Alliance #1) by Kate SeRine

"No one's going to keep buying that you're my girlfriend if I act like an idiot every time I open my mouth around you." - Luke Rogan

Deceived
Series: Dark Alliance #1
Author: Kate SeRine
Publisher: Zebra
Release Date: June 28, 2016
Source: Publisher for Review

Buy Links: Amazon - B&N - Google Play - iTunes - Kobo
Add to Goodreads

Luke Rogan's assignment is simple: secure young Elijah Scoffield and his mother and bring them back to headquarters--just an ordinary mission for an operative of the Dark Alliance. But Elijah is no ordinary kid. He's the grandson of one of the country's most influential politicians--a man privy to the Alliance's most valuable secrets, including its centuries-long connection to the Knights Templar. And someone else is attempting to capture the boy--someone who's proven he doesn't give a damn about collateral damage. . .

Heartbroken at the lies that tore her world apart, Sarah Scoffield will do anything to protect her son--even if that means teaming up with a deadly stranger. But Sarah soon finds herself falling in love with her dark hero. And as danger stalks ever closer, the fiery desire that claims them awakens in Sarah passions she'd thought dead and buried long ago. . .


Confession time... I love the National Treasure movies. I can watch them everyday and they would never get old. It wasn't until I started to read Deceived that it began to remind me of the movies. Once that happened, I couldn't wipe the grin from my face. Dark Alliance... Knights Templar... Illuminati... I was in heaven! I loved every moment of the book. It was witty and funny. I loved Kate's writing. Her characters are fabulous, although I'd have to say Eli and Finn were my favorites. I never wanted to put it down. When I had to, I counted down the time until I could pick it up again. It was that good. The romance between Luke and Sarah was quick, but never felt forced. While their attraction was sudden, it takes a bit for them to finally get together. I loved the suspense elements. Even though it was a slow build, there was still a lot going on. I will say this, though. There is a lot of information and characters that are thrown at you right off the bat. It took me a little bit to make my way through and get a grasp on each of the characters, but once I did, it was smooth sailing from there. Deceived was the 2nd book of Kate's that I've read and loved. She's quickly becoming a new go-to romantic suspense author.



Kate SeRine (pronounced “serene”) is a hopeless romantic who firmly believes in true love that lasts forever. So it's no surprise that when she began writing her own stories, Kate vowed her characters would always have a happily ever after. 

Kate lives in a smallish, quintessentially Midwestern town with her husband and two sons, who share her love of storytelling. She never tires of creating new worlds to share and is even now working on her next project—probably while consuming way too much coffee. 

Kate is also the author of the award-winning Transplanted Tales paranormal romance series and the Protect & Serve romantic suspense series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment