Sunday, August 28, 2016

Review: Run to You (Risking It All #1) by Rachel Lacey

"That's why I was so adamant about not making this real. I needed to do things on my own and on my own terms. But you make me feel sexy and...and bold in a way I never have before. You've shown me what a happy, healthy relationship should be like." - Gabby Winters

Run to You
Series: Risking It All #1
Author: Rachel Lacey
Publisher: Forever
Release Date: August 30, 2016
Source: Publisher for Review

Buy Links: Amazon - B&N - iTunes - Google Play - Kobo
Add to Goodreads

ONE LITTLE LIE. A WHOLE LOTTA TROUBLE.

Moments after meeting the most gorgeous guy ever, Gabby Winters promptly gets stung by a zillion yellowjackets and falls-not gracefully-into a stream. Yup, Ethan Hunter is trouble with a capital "hot," and Gabby definitely needs to keep her distance. Except in the small town of Haven, there's nowhere to hide from Ethan's sexy, infectious grin . . . and all the residents are conspiring against her.

At the center of the town's matchmaking is Ethan's grandmother, who's convinced their relationship is a done deal. Rather than break her heart, Gabby and Ethan find themselves cornered into pretending to be falling in love. The problem: there's serious sizzling attraction between them. And if this charade continues, they won't fool just the entire town - they might fool themselves too . . .


After falling in love with Rachel Lacey's Love to the Rescue series, she's become one of my favorite contemporary romance authors because she reminds me of what initially drew me to the genre. Her characters are always lovable with something about them that makes me wish I knew them in real life. Gabby and Ethan's story broke me. Needing a fresh start after a recent break up, Gabby headed to the small town of Haven. Keeping to herself, she didn't know just how lonely she her life had become until she stumbled across Ethan. Dealing with his grandmother's illness, Ethan is a bit lost. Together, Ethan and Gabby learn to heal and find out that, through sadness and heartache, love prevails and it is out there for everyone.

Once I started Run to You I knew it would take great willpower for me to not read it in one sitting. That's how much Rachel's writing and characters suck me in. I can't close her books until I know that everyone is going to be okay. As much as I loved Ethan and Gabby, it was Gram that stole the show. I adored her and her friends. I could picture them all spending game night with Gabby playing various video games and other lively activities. I was actually reading parts of this book during the Olympics so picturing Ethan in a Team USA swimsuit put a big grin on my face. Run to You was so much fun to read. Now the long wait begins for Ryan and Emma's book...


Rachel Lacey is a contemporary romance author and semi-reformed travel junkie. She's been climbed by a monkey on a mountain in Japan, gone scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef, and camped out overnight in New York City for a chance to be an extra in a movie. These days, the majority of her adventures take place on the pages of the books she writes. She lives in warm and sunny North Carolina with her husband, son, and a variety of rescue pets.


No comments:

Post a Comment